Banco Santander announced today the launch of the LaLiga Santander card, the first payment method that gives clients cash back for every goal scored by their favorite soccer team this season.
This revolving credit card, which automatically postpones payments for all purchases, brings the excitement of the game to the financial products the Bank offers and lets football fans reap advantages for working with LaLiga Santander’s main sponsor. Available starting tomorrow, the novelty is that the card will pay between one euro and three euros cash bank for each teams’ goal this season.
The LaLiga Santander cardholder chooses one team from the 20 that make up LaLiga Santander or one from the 22 in LaLiga 1|2|3. Once the choice is made, he receives one euro for each goal if purchases worth 300 euros are made with the card that month; two euros if 500 in purchases are made, and 3 euros if more than 1,000 euros in purchases are made.
In addition, on selected days, the value of the goals of specific teams and games will be doubled or tripled.
For the 2016/2017 season, the 20 teams that participated in LaLiga Santander together scored 1,118 goals, which made Spain’s premier football league the most prolific in Europe. Meanwhile, the 22 members of LaLiga 1|2|3 scored 1,041 goals last season.
Customers can sign up for the LaLiga Santander card online (via internet or mobile application). It offers one of the most competitive interest rates on the market: 1% monthly nominal interest rate. The card has an established line of credit so customers can enjoy maximum flexibility and choose a monthly amortization quota of between 50 and 300 euros per month, to suit their needs.
The card’s launch is one of the main features of the activation plan for LaLiga Santander which is intended to spread additional benefits from the sponsorship to the Bank´s customers throughout the year. This announcement takes place one year after the strategic agreement that brought two of the world’s most important brands together and highlights the continued support the Bank provides this sport.
- Santander creates a global Wealth Management division, comprising private banking and asset management, and appoints Víctor Matarranz as Head
- Bankia ranked once again on Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) as one of most sustainable firms in the world
- José Ignacio Goirigolzarri reiterates that the merger with BMN will boost banking business revenues and increase profitability
- Bankia provided nearly €5.7 billion to support companies’ foreign trade activities to June, a 22% increase
- Ant Financial’s premium payment service has expanded into Spain